Rich or poor we all have the same when it comes to time: 24 hours a day, seven days a week. So how come there never seems to be quite enough of it? Because we fail to make the most of what we’ve got. This practical and effective training course is designed to show delegates how to spend more time on important, value-adding tasks and less on time-consuming, unimportant ones.
The workshop is aimed at delegates at all levels and all functions who have some discretionary use of their time. It’s suitable for the commercial and non-profit sectors and for small, medium and large organisations. Benefits will be seen immediately through increased productivity, fewer delays and the timely achievement of goals.
Through group and individual exercises, case study, mind-mapping, debate and the use of templates and other useful learning materials, the following objectives should be achieved by the end of the course:
- Clarifying and achieving realistic expectations, through effective planning, monitoring, diary and personal time management.
- Developing strategies to effectively prioritise daily tasks, using, for example the Urgent/Important Matrix.
- Coping with the ‘expected unexpected’ and spending more time on the important value-adding tasks.
- Developing time-saving techniques and limiting time-wasting activities – starting with taking control of your emails!
- Managing interruptions appropriately and politely and protecting quality time.
- Learning how to say “NO” acceptably and assertively and not to continually say ‘sorry’ for doing so.
- Developing a personal time management toolkit that combines the benefits of both technology and paper.
- Understanding how your personality predisposes you to manage your time well, or, explains why it’s a challenge!
- Identifying ways in which to make behavioural changes.
- Appreciating the importance of goal-setting and how to use SMART objectives to manage your time more effectively.
- Adopting time-management principles, tools and techniques:- action planning, diary management.
- Overcoming procrastination.
- Implementing strategies for managing pressure and coping with stress.
Our time management workshops are facilitated by Sandy Keating. An energetic and inspirational trainer she practices what she preaches and makes every second of her working day count. Mind you, you should see her at weekends! Read more about Sandy here.
To find out what other people think about this workshop click here to read their comments.
This workshop is available for in-house delivery which is cost effective if you’ve got more than a few people who need training with the added advantage that course content can be tailored to your specific organisational needs. Contact the trainer to discuss your requirements.