How can you use Facebook to help you achieve your organisational aims and objectives? Can you Tweet for profit (or however else you measure success in your business)? Does blogging actually work and if so how should you go about it? Should I start a YouTube channel? And isn’t LinkedIn just a place for job seekers? If you’ve been grappling with these sorts of questions then this workshop is for you.
The aim is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress and other social media platforms as a significant contributor to their overall organisational aims and objectives.
- The social web paradox: how Facebook et al have changed nothing but everything!
- Golden opportunity: what the social web offers in marketing, PR and communication terms.
- Getting started: why identifying aims and objectives must happen before choosing social web tools.
- Know thine audiences: how an understanding of your customers, clients or service users can help target your social media effort.
- Content is king: how to create both brilliant and sustainable content and why without it you’re bound to fail.
- Three Act Play: why content has to be structured to hook attention and make the most of the way web users surf the Internet.
- Style: why informal is better than formal.
- Platforms: which platforms to choose and why plus how three is better than one.
- Privacy: the crucial difference between private and public personal information and how to protect what’s genuinely private.
- Rules is rules: how to draw up an enabling social media policy that both encourages and protects staff.
- Don’t be rude: an exploration of social media etiquette.
- Law: how to avoid breaking it!
- Monitoring: how to monitor the social web and why it’s essential if you’re to get a return on your investment.
- Tools: the tools and apps that can reduce the time and effort.
These workshops are run by Richard Uridge. Read his work-related blog posts here at blog.acmtraining.co.uk and his cycling-related ones at richarduridge.com See our Facebook page. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to see what he and we are up to.
To find out what other people think about this and other workshops click here to read their comments.
This workshop is available for in-house delivery which is cost effective if you’ve got more than a few people who need training with the added advantage that course content can be tailored to your specific organisational needs. Contact the trainer to discuss your requirements.